Have you heard of Dr. Neil Fiore?
I was introduced to Fiore’s work during my undergraduate degree.
The professor introduced the class to “The Now Habit“.
After I bought it, I remember staring at it with confusion. No professor had given me a book about practical ways to accomplish work. The Professor hoped tthat it would help us complete our independent final projects.
As I read the book I thought, “Finally! A text that teaches theory and gives me applicable work to help me accomplish my goals.”
The most important lessons I learned from this book:
- Start & Restart
- Smaller Chunks of Work = ↑Productivity
- Schedule Guilt-free Play
Start & Restart
- Start your work
- Don’t worry about completing your tasks, break them down into sizeable chunks and start
Smaller Chunks of Work = ↑Productivity
- Implement the “The Unschedule” into your day
- Work for increments of time
- Reward yourself for each uninterrupted work you complete
Schedule Guilt-Free Play
- “Play” just as much as you work
- Take a break after each period of work
What did this do for me?
Actually, the text allowed me to accomplish all of my tasks for the course. AND. . . I received the honour of winning the “Senior Projects Award” for the best project in the class.
Years later, I gave the book away to someone else who really needed it!
The traveling book. . . I hope that it keeps helping different people!!
Give the Unschedule a try. You can get it in my free 6-Step Toolboox!
Send me an email and let me know how it goes!
Kaeisha Gagnon, M.Ed, B.Ed, B.A. | Life Coach